The Best Place To Buy Flooring
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Quest 20mil 2.5 mm Glue Down
Engineered Hardwood flooring is real hardwood -- the word “engineered” just refers to the way in which it’s made. There are many benefits to choosing an engineered product over a solid product.
Here are the facts:
- Engineered hardwoods are made of several layers, or ‘plies’ that are glued together in a cross-grain construction. This type of construction is far stronger than a single piece of solid wood; and it’s also more structurally sound – it won’t buckle, gap, cup or twist.
- Engineered hardwoods can be installed below grade and direct to concrete - solid wood floors can not.
- The top face is crafted from the finest Northern veneers (which is just an industry term for ‘top layer’) that provide the most uniform color and the most resistance to seasonal expansion.
- These floors use half as many trees as solid wood floors
- Faster growing, renewable wood used for inner plies
- DIY sources manufacturers that reuses its wood mill waste for energy
- DIY sources manufacturers that use only water-based finishes that contain no VOCs
- DIY sources manufacturers that use a formaldehyde free adhesive system that meets or beats the most stringent indoor air quality standards.